St Osyth Church of England Primary School
Part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust
Our Christian vision and mission statement
“Love one another as I have loved you” (John 15:12).
This is the Christian foundation for our high expectations for learning, achievement and behaviour for each and every pupil and for the way we work with families, our parish and our whole community. Our mission is to demonstrate the love of Christ by recognising the uniqueness of every child and providing them with an engaging, broad and balanced curriculum which enables them to:
- Learn and progress well academically, creatively, physically, socially and spiritually.
- Develop the essential knowledge, skills, and personal attributes that they need to succeed in the next stage of their education and in the whole of their lives.
In putting our vision and our mission into practice we have high standards and we have high expectations for learning, achievement and behaviour for each pupil. We develop every child’s confidence and create an environment in which they feel included, secure and valued. The achievements of all pupils are celebrated. Everybody is made welcome and we foster good relationships throughout the school. We work in partnership with parents and the local community and we offer a range of high quality extended services. The school promotes healthy lifestyles and care for the environment.
We are a Church of England School originally founded in 1856. Until 1945 we were an all age school. We now have children from, 4 years old to 11 years old. Our school was founded by the Church to provide education ‘according to the principles and practices of the Church of England’. We moved to our current site in 1970.
Our buildings are spaciously designed with well proportioned individual classrooms, open shared areas, a large hall, a kitchen, a conference room, an air-conditioned ICT suite with 17 workstations, a covered and heated swimming pool, large playing field and Early Years outdoor area.
The school is organised into three Key Stages:
- Reception (Early Years Foundation Stage, four and five year olds)
- Key Stage One (5 year olds to 7 year olds)
- Key Stage Two (7 year olds to 11 year olds)
We admit up to 45 children each school year and so we have mixed age classes for all years except Reception. Our class structure is:
- Two Reception classes
- A Year One class, a mixed Year One/Two class and a Year Two class, (Key Stage One), often referred to as Lower School
- Three year 3/4 classes (Key Stage Two), often referred to as Middle School
- Three year 5/6 classes (Key Stage Two), often referred to as Upper School
Our Vision & Ethos
Our Code of Conduct
Together we will:
- Be compassionate to everyone
- Be trustworthy in all that we do
- Be respectful to each other
- Be a good friend
- Be thankful
- Be full of hope